- 8 ounces uncooked linguine, angel hair, whatever pasta you prefer
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 3T Pecorino Romano cheese (you can omit this if you don't have it, but we like the extra flavor)
- 1 lb bacon (you can use pancetta if you want to be fancy)
- 1 small finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 3 large eggs
Directions:1. In a large skillet cook bacon, place cooked bacon on plate for later use and drain all but 2T fat from skillet.
2.Cook pasta according to the package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking liquid before you drain pasta.
3. Combine milk and cheeses in a small bowl; set milk mixture aside.
4. Chop cooked bacon and set aside.
5. In the skillet you used for the bacon, drain all but about 2T of fat from bacon. Add onion and garlic to pan; sauté for about 3 minutes or so, reduce heat to medium and add milk mixture and pasta to pan; toss gently to coat.
6. Place eggs in a bowl and whisk. Gradually add 1/2 cup reserved hot cooking liquid, stirring constantly with a whisk. Gradually add egg mixture to pan, stirring constantly; cook 5 minutes or so or until sauce is thick and creamy.
7. Salt & Pepper to taste, garnish with chopped fresh parsley.