Search This Blog

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Cindy's Raspberry Chicken

This recipe comes from my dear friend, Cindy Wolodkin.  I would have never tried chicken and fruit...I'm so glad she made it for me years ago;  It's now a family favorite!


Ingredients:
  1. 4  Whole, boneless, skinless chicken breasts 
  2. 4 Tbl. Butter 
  3. 1/2 cup Finely chopped onions 
  4. 1/2 cup Raspberry vinegar (I've used apple cider vinegar and smashed raspberries, grape jelly or homemade cranberry sauce )
  5. 1/2 cup Chicken broth (buillion cubes and water work as well)
  6. 1/2 cup Heavy cream (I've used fat free milk mixed with cornstarch)
  7. 4 Tbl.  Canned crushed tomatoes (I've used diced, canned tomatoes in a pinch)
  8. 1/2 cup  Frozen raspberries (I've used grape jelly, and homemade cranberry sauce...all good)
Directions:
  1. Split and flatten the breasts.  In a large skillet melt the butter.  Add the chicken  and cook for 3 minutes on each side.  Remove and reserve.  
  2. Add the onion to the fat in the pan and cook for 15 minutes.  
  3. Add the vinegar and cook uncovered until the syrup is reduced to 4 tablespoon.  
  4. Whisk in the chicken broth, heavy cream, and crushed tomatoes.  
  5. Simmer for 1 minute.  
  6. Return the chicken to the skillet and simmer gently in the sauce, basting often until done, about 5 minutes. 
  7. Remove the chicken.  
  8. Add the raspberries to the sauce and cook over low healt for 1 minute. 
  9. Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve over cooked linguine.

No comments:

Post a Comment