Search This Blog

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Last Week Rack of Lamb

Last Sunday, after a long weekend of preparing for our Open House that occurred yesterday, I decided to treat my family to a lovely Sunday dinner.  I love to cook for my family on Sunday.  It's the one day of the week when I'm not rushed, not expecting company, and not on some kind of schedule.  My Pap was a Sunday cook as well.  It was typically the same fare each week, 2 Roasted Paprika Chicken's....I looked forward to finding the wishbone each Sunday!  Maybe that memory is why I like Sunday dinner with my family.


So, the rack of lamb consisted of 8 ribs.   I rubbed the rack down with fresh rosemary, fresh thyme, and extra-virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper, then seared it in a very hot skillet, searing on both sides.  After a quick sear, I popped it into a 450 degree oven until the internal temp was about 125.  The result was a tender, rare lamb chop that my son said melted in his mouth!  This was so incredibly easy, and so very spring-like! 


Paired with rosemary-garlic roasted potatoes, cauliflower au-gratin, greek salad and  a lovely bottle of chardonnay, it was  a delightful Sunday evening dinner with my two favorite guys!

When Jack sat down to dinner I had to laugh!  He was filthy dirty from playing outside all day...but he did wash his hands before dinner....his face, not so much!

1 comment:

  1. Great blog Lisa! Your passion for cooking shows in your writing and the pictures are always so beautiful. Thanks for the great read!

    ReplyDelete