These enchiladas are a family favorite! My family loves the shredded chicken so much that we often just made chicken tacos, shredded chicken salad, or a rice bowl with shredded chicken, salsa, black beans, guacamole..whatever we have on hand.
- 1 large can pureed tomatoes
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/3 c good chili powder
- 1/4 c. hot sauce
- 1/4 c. canola oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3/4 t onion powder
- 1 t ground cumin
- 8-12 soft enchilada shells (tortilla shells)
- Heat oil in skillet
- Add flour and chili powder
- Let brown, stirring constantly (don't burn the flour!)
- Add tomatoes and 2 c. water
- Add hot sauce, garlic, onion powder and cumin
- Cook for 10 minutes
- Add salt to taste
- Spray crock with Pam.
- Place the following in the CrockPot:
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 whole jalepeno peppers
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 can green chilies
- Spray large baking dish with Pam.
- Dip tortillas into sauce in crockpot then stuff with chicken and roll
- Place rolls seam side down in baking dish.
- After filling baking dish with rolled enchiladas, pour remaining sauce on top.
- Top with your favorite cheese and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Garnish with sour cream, black olives, and guacamole!