This lovely image, is typically how this cake looks directly after I serve it...not much left!
2 c. sugar
2 c. flour
2 small cans mandarin oranges (with juice)
2 t. vanilla
2 t. baking soda
- Combine all dry ingredients and whisk well.
- Combine remaining ingredients and mix well, this will be lumpy.
- Pour into a 9 by 11 inch baking dish lightly buttered and floured.
- Bake at 350, check at 30 minutes.
Caramel Frosting Ingredients:
11/2 c. brown sugar
6 T butter
6 T evaporated milk
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and whisk together.
- Cook on medium heat until melted and bubbly
- Poke holes in cake with the wrong end of a butter knife and pour frosting over the entire cake.