1 large head of cauliflower but into bite sized pieces
2 c. unflavored coconut milk (I'll bet you could use soy, rice, or almond here...all unflavored)
5 T vinegar
2 c flour (I used AP, but I'm guessing other gluten free options would work)
2 T garlic powder
2 T onion powder
2 t paprika
1/2 c earth balance "butter" spread
1 T garlic powder
2 t garlic salt
1 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix coconut milk and vinegar. Let sit for 5 minutes and mix again.
- Add flour, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika to milk mixure.
- Mix well.
- Gently add cauliflower and fold batter gently around each piece.
- Lightly oil a large glass baking dish.
- Place cauliflower pieces in baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- While cauliflower is baking, melt "butter" in a saucepan.
- Add garlic powder, garlic salt and Frank's Red Hot sauce to melted "butter".
- When cauliflower is done (it will not be mushy..so don't expect it) place in a large bowl and pour buffalo sauce over it. Gently stir until all cauliflower is coated.
- Place buffalo cauliflower back in glass baking dish and place back into the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.
- Your arteries will thank you and you didn't kill any chickens. :-)